dothnet.net forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o)

3 posters

Go down

Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o) Empty Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o)

Post  Littlefish Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Times have been busy here this week. I'm helping my mother with a project that came on suddenly, dealing with realtors and banks, and we're only half-way through that as I type. Last night, had my two grandsons, one 12 and the other 6, and this morning, the topic of this post, the elder asked questions. He knows I am interested in his spiritual development and understanding, that I will talk to him even about the hard and 'scary' stuff, and that I know/understand the place he is in with a protestant mother (my daughter) and a father who has recently decided to rediscover his Catholic roots, having his five children baptized together into it and now putting them through the paces of Catholic school (yes, I'm quite unhappy about that, but I'm only the grandmother).

Yet, even in that, the father cannot be a good example, and opened a discussion with my daughter in their home and in front of the children about his belief that everyone who seeks God on whatever path (Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Christian) will find Him and enter heaven. That topic, we addressed rather quickly with proof texts on the exclusivity of Christ as our means of salvation and why the Word of God takes precedence over our ideas or what makes sense or seems to be the right thing to do in a man's mind.

Then, my grandson asked if I'd ever thought about all the galaxies out there and that maybe we came from some race of beings out there instead of what the Bible says. I told him that yes, I had thought of that, and we discussed it a bit, coming to the conclusion that if a false teacher can make you question your origins, the creation of man, then he or she can convince you of any other lie he or she wants to tell because the origin of man does matter to our faith. There is no compromising on the Word of God and any other source. I also gave him a couple names and specific teachings/claims to be aware of, and why these were entirely false.

He is going off this afternoon for a week at a solid, Bible-believing protestant fundamentalist church camp thanks to their moving next door to neighbors who are close friends and co-workers with a youth pastor cousin of mine (who will be teaching at this camp). I had no idea that this couple had been reaching out to my daughter's family, but I had been praying for God to send someone who would! The situation with the Catholic son-in-law is not good for me to intervene much. Long stories there, not relevant to this post. Nothing ugly, but he has reason to not be entirely comfortable around our side of the family because of choices he has made since they married. Anyway . . . my daughter let slip last week that she wants to take the kids to the church this family next-door attends, and is working on hubby to agree to it. Seems he isn't getting much out of mass these days, either, and she wants to try something else, and this family has opened a door. Praise God! More than ever I could ask for, beyond what I could imagine, He does!

Back to the conversation with my grandson, which is the point of this post (sorry for drifting!) is that what this tells me is that the deception is out there and already taking hold even in very young minds. Those of us who know Truth must teach and establish it in the hearts and minds and the very spirits of those around us, even the young who it might seem should not need to deal with it yet. The enemy of all Truth is out there planting his seeds of deception. We must establish a groundwork of Truth that will stand against it.

Just felt I should share that, as it is a real-life example of what is being poured into our children's minds. Thanks for taking time to read Smile.

Oh, and if you have a moment, and room on your prayer list, will you please join me in praying for my grandson this week at camp, that God will reach his sweet heart real good? He does want to find God and know the Truth about Him. He's just getting a lot of mixed messages, but God can reach and teach and convince and save and keep! His name is Vince, if you would like to pray for him by name. Thank you so much.

Blessings to all ~

Littlefish
Littlefish

Back to top Go down

Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o) Empty Re: Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o)

Post  michigan sister Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 pm

What an inspiring story of God's answer to prayer! Those neighbors moving in was no coincidence. I will certainly be praying for Vince. My daughter will be going to a Bible camp too this month. Her first time away from me for more than a night.

I agree with you Littlefish, the young ones are being fed lies early on and they need someone in their lives that speaks the truth. Grandma, you go girl!
My husband and I take my two grandsons to church every Sunday. My son and their Mom (they are not married but have been together for many years) don't attend but I'm grateful that they have let the boys go. My 11 year old grandson is well grounded in the truth and loves to come. My 3 year old grandson loves Sunday School. They attend public school so they are getting the false teachings. I pulled my daughter out of the same school system 2 years ago because of that.

The principle of the elementary school they attended allowed a church across the street (of a unity new age type) to pass out flyers inviting the children to come to an after school program during the week. I was so disappointed. Thankfully, my grandson is in middle school now and enjoys the youth group at our church.

I understand how it is with your son in law. We Moms have to tread lightly sometimes to preserve our relationships with our adult children. Sounds to me like God is lovingly leading and guiding through you, these neighbors, and your prayers. AMEN!!

Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o) Icon_flower

michigan sister
Founding Member
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o) Empty Re: Interesting conversation with my grandson (12 y/o)

Post  Kathe Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:06 am

The evil one is out there in full force because he has very few standing against him. The church is asleep in their doctrinal beds instead of standing at the door with their sword. The evil one is definitely attacking our children. The amount of garbage thrown at them daily is astounding. My grandson is only one but I pray for him so much to stand strong in YHWH no matter what he faces around him. Praying for his protection against the evil Lucifer. Praying the same for your grandson as well.

Kathe
Founding Member
Founding Member

http://www.infiniteabundance.us

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlefish Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Thank you both so very much for offering up prayers on his behalf. I will be praying for you and your children/grandchildren, too.

Blessings to you ~~
Littlefish
Littlefish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum