dothnet.net forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Icebergs, rising sea levels, and the end of the age

Go down

Icebergs, rising sea levels, and the end of the age Empty Icebergs, rising sea levels, and the end of the age

Post  Sharon Light Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:51 am

In today’s news, we celebrate a birth of sorts. Some say maps will have to be redrawn because of it.

Reported as a “massive iceberg” weighing 1 trillion tons and approximately the size of Delaware (or a quarter the size of Wales, depending on where the report is written), the brand-spanking newly-calved iceberg is likely to be named “A68.”

Is global warming to blame for this? Scientists admit they can’t directly point the finger at global warming/climate change for iceberg A68 because this kind of calving, the term for an iceberg breaking away from a glacier or land mass, is a common occurrence. Still, most in the media are trained to ask that question at every opportunity, so every report does.

The Self-Managing Planet . . .

And that brought to mind something I heard a wildly popular conservative radio talk show host say several years ago. I’ve also read it variously across the internet on conservative chat boards and other social media. It goes something like this: There is no way the kind of global warming that could cause problems with the earth is man made because God made this world to withstand anything man can do.

That’s similar to what U. S. Rep. Tim Walberg, a Republican from Michigan, said recently:

“I believe there’s climate change. I believe there’s been climate change since the beginning of time. I believe there are cycles. Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No.”

He continued, “Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he (sic) can take care of it.”

More @ http://www.dothnet.net/rising-sea-levels-and-the-end-of-the-age/
Sharon Light
Sharon Light
Admin
Admin

http://www.lightfolk.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum